Interview - Leandro Cano


Bucolic imaginary guided by a fine perception of the structure, Leandro Cano interprets a voluptuous escape throughout his collection "Anima" expression of an avant-garde approach of the baroque. Along the imaginary, a poetry comes alive from arabesque details to sculpture. Artistic perception of fashion, Leandro magnifies and transforms the garment following his dreams and memories. 


unimaginaireirresolu
"How can you express the soul of your garments ?"

Leandro Cano
"I usually get the inspiration from my childhood, I grew up in a small town in Andalucia surrounded by tradition and women from my family. I reflect unconsciously all these experience of my childhood. Dreams, emotions, sensations are reflected on my garments. I would say the soul of my collection is my childhood memories and the idiosyncrasy of my homeland, Andalucia"


unimaginaireirresolu
"What makes you believe in Fashion ?"

Leandro Cano
"Fashion for me is an art. As an art is the way to express my inner world, my experiences, memories, and fears. Fashion for me is not a business, even if I didn't earn money I would do fashion because is the way I feel myself alive"

Comments