Interview - Yasya Minochkina


Highly wearable and innovative through the textures, Yasya Minochkina presents a divine collection highlighting a modern and minimal interpretation of the feminity. Timeless, the garment reflect an eternal purity with finely associated colours as the royal blue to give a unique character to the silhouette.

unimaginaireirresolu
"How can you express the soul of your garments ?"

Yasya Minochkina
"I can express it through a type of girls for whom I create these garments ! They are young, but that doesn't mean they are 20-something, they are young at heart. They want to wear beautiful clothes what underline their natural beauty, just no more. 

My pieces are sophisticated and minimalistic, a bit sporty and edgy, and girls who wear it are sophisticated too. They have an active and bright life and they just want to feel themselves beautiful and comfortable in their clothes. They inspire me, and they are the reason why I started my label. I don't like all these pompous speeches, so, this is it"


unimaginaireirresolu
"What makes you believe in Fashion ?"

Yasya Minochkina
"It's a really taught question ! 50 years ago fashion was a private club for a group of privileged rich people, but things have been changed since then. Now fashion industry seems to be a great place for ambitious creative people where everyone with talent can reach certain success. But for me fashion is not only about self expression, it's also a business. You have to be a bit arty, but you also have to sell your works. So, what I want to say ? I believe in fashion cause it gives me two important things. Firstly, I have a freedom to create things, secondly, I can earn for living this way. It can sound like a banality, but I don't see myself in any other industry. Fashion makes people more beautiful and self-confident, it's a power that moves forward economic and science, it presented the greatest creative minds to us. How can I don't believe in ?"

Images taken during the Mercedes-Benz Kiev Fashion Days at the Fashion Scout 

Comments